Don't let your home security monitoring be interrupted!
The 3G sunset starts soon and systems will start to lose connectivity in a few short weeks. We have several options to choose from. Call us at (844) 786-9734 today to learn what your options are.
Don't wait! Call us today at 844-786-9734 for your 3G solution.
What is the 3G Sunset? How does it affect my security system?
- 3G technology allows mobile devices and security systems to connect to the internet. However, 4G and 5G technology allows for much faster and more efficient data transfer. As early as February 2022, network providers, like AT&T and Verizon, are retiring their 3G towers and all networks will be fully updated to 4G and 5G mobile networks. This is called the 3G Sunset.
- As soon as these providers sunset, the 3G signal your home security system uses will no longer communicate. This means your system will NOT communicate with monitoring stations making it impossible for your system to be professionally monitored.
- ACTION IS REQUIRED FROM YOU TODAY. In order for your home security system to continue to communicate with monitoring centers, you must upgrade your signal.
- Call us at (844) 786-9734 to get your solution.
Must act now! Call us at 844-786-9734 to get started.
The A3 Difference
- Complete, integrated security and smart home system for comprehensive automation
- Advanced encryption embedded into system components
- A3 professional monitoring 24/7
- Access and manage your smart home anywhere, through the mobile app
- Reliable emergency assistance when you need it the most
- No long-term monitoring contracts
Frequently Asked Questions
When your carrier ceases to support 3G technology, your home security system will no longer communicate with Monitoring Centers. Your security system will no longer be professionally monitored and your security system will not be able to send help in case of an emergency.
To prevent an interruption in your home security system, replacing your 3G radio is the easiest way to upgrade your system. You can replace the 3G radio in your panel yourself. All materials will be shipped directly to your home. At your convenience, open your panel and replace your old radio with the new LTE radio part shipped to your home. Ready to update your radio now? Click here to get started.
All of the major cellular carriers have already begun this sunset. AT&T has recently scheduled their complete sunset for February of 2022, and Verizon is scheduled for December of 2022. For more information, visit this page hosted by the FCC that outlines the various providers and latest sunset date timing.
If you wait to upgrade your signal, your home security system will cease to function. Your security system will no longer be professionally monitored and your security system will not be able to send help in case of an emergency. Our priority is to keep your home safe and secure and that is why we have created multiple solutions to address this conversion and make the switch as easy as possible.
Your control panel has a cellular radio inside that communicates with a cellular carrier (provider) to relay signals from your home security system to our 24/7 monitoring center. While there is no easy way to see at a glance which carrier your panel is connected to, you may call us at (844) 786-9734 to inquire and learn about the sunset date applicable to your system.
The options vary from Member to Member, based on where your system is installed and the type of control panel you currently own. In our email and USPS mail notices to you, we will clearly outline the options specifically available to you. Alternatively, you may also call us at (844) 786-9734 to inquire directly.
It may come as a surprise, but a brand new system plus low-cost monitoring can help you save vs. your current rates, and industry averages. There are many different options at many different price points, and we will work with you to find the right one. Call us at (844) 786-9734 to discuss today.
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Call us at (844) 786-9734.